Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Let me explain my eating habits... #1 I don't like very many vegetables. Okay, I only like Corn, potatos and pickles/cucumbers. #2 I don't like soup either. Mainly because I don't like hot liquids.. that mean hot cocoa is only in my hands when they're cold. #3 I eat ranch with almost everything! Even if it's good. I know that it's going to be even better with ranch!

When I worked at Biederman's Bistro & Catering I surprised myself and my best friend, that worked there also; I actually enjoyed their Chicken Tortilla Soup!! And I mean really enjoyed it! I ate it like a dip, with some tortilla chips. So when my food was limited to practically nothing (I couldn't chew) I asked for the recipe and she gladly gave it to me!! I was so surprised and SO happy!! I haven't made it yet, because she gave it to me after I got my teeth fixed, but it's on the list!!
Here's the recipe.  I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do!
(Bear with her, she isn't computer literate so she just put all the ingredients down)


6 c. Chicken broth (water and some base if you make your own) or cook a whole chicken and save the broth.. De-bone your chicken and add the meat
2 small cans of rotel tomatoes
1 can of green chiles
1 small onion diced
1 tsp. chopped  garlic
1 tsp.
worcestershire sauce
chili powder
1or 2Tbsp. of steak seasoning,
A-1 or heinz 57 (she didn't say how much, I would just add a tsp. or two)
1tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste.
Let it simmer awhile and cut up flour tortillas and add to it. We serve it with shredded jack and monterey cheese and diced green onion and crispy tortilla chips if you want.

Thank you so much Jane, at Biederman's Bistro & Catering in Winfield, KS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment