Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quick note on my lunch break

I'm on my lunch break and have to get something off my chest..

Why do people call themselves friends when they only get ahold of you when they want to tell you about something going on in their life?

For example.. the other day when I got off work, I turned my cell phone off and I had a few text messages to read. One was from Jeremy and the other one was from a "friend". I haven't talked to her in a few months (not even texted). Her text message said that today was her and her husbands anniversary. Was I supposed to be excited for her?

Another example.. another girl from this group of "friends" texted me the next day to tell me that she got a job at a hospital. I haven't talked to this girl for even longer. What kind of response are they expecting? I just got a new job and didn't find it necessary to tell every person that I know.

I just don't understand. They want nothing to do with me until they want praise. Alot has gone on in my life lately, good and bad, and I don't go to you for praise or condolences because we aren't that type of friend, apparently. You have parties and go hang out with the rest of the "group" but I don't even get an invite..


If it's because I don't drink and get nasty drunk like you, then all I have to say to you is "cool"

No comments:

Post a Comment